Hello members,

This is an announcement to all basic members who wish to vote in the
upcoming election[1].

On May 20, 2016 AoE[2] we will launch a vote for the 2016/17 term.

If you are a voting member, you will receive a ballot. If you are not
a voting
member, but would like to become one, *please apply to be a contributing or*
*managing member (with voting privileges) by May 15, 2016 AoE.*

The application form is available here: http://goo.gl/forms/Kb45fTcVyg
<https://goo.gl/A0oKx9>.

If you do not know if you are a voting member, please email me off-list and
I will check.

Here is the election timeline:

   - Voter application cut-off date: May 15, 2016 AoE
   - Voting start date: May 20, 2016 AoE
   - Voting end date: May 30, 2016 AoE

[1]
https://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonSoftwareFoundation/BoardCandidates2016