>> I think we need to define the scope first. What does “conserving” (using
> the initial post’s terminology)
> mean here? If we only aim to conserve the page as-is, a static HTML page
> with links and some CDN
> storage would be sufficient. Something like piwheels is only needed if we
> intend to continue Gohlkes’s
> work, i.e. build and serve packages when new versions become available,
> which would be a much
> larger project, and likely need to involve the Laboratory for Fluorescence
> Dynamics so we can replicate
> their existing build environments.
>
> Scope can be 3 levels, depending on what ressources PSF decides to invest
into this:

a) minimum - archive ALL THE FILEs.
  required:
  a1) Contact to Christoph as "we are the PSF and would like to preserve
those things, may we mirror them"
  a2) enough space to store this
  a3) a big copy command

b) preserve the build environment
  That is a) plus "Hey Christoph, are you willing to upload your
build-environment to the storage we provide?"

c) keep it running
- that needs resources to automate the build environment, monitor the
results...

As Christoph states, before July all is over. So, doing a) and b) will at
least buy time and keep the options open.

I would dream that the board could initiate a) and b) now, and have a
discussion if and how to do c)

Cheers

Harald

--