I've set up and configured tripwire, successfully initialized the database
and now want to view the report file. Below is the excerpt from the RH8
documentation...

The /usr/sbin/twprint command is used to view encrypted Tripwire reports
and databases.
Viewing Tripwire Reports
The twprint -m r command will display the contents of a Tripwire report in
clear text. You
must, however, tell twprint which report file to display.
A twprint command for printing Tripwire reports looks similar to the
following:

/usr/sbin/twprint -m r --twrfile /var/lib/tripwire/report/<name>.twr

The -m r option in the command directs twprint to decode a Tripwire report.
The --twrfile option directs twprint to use a specific Tripwire report
file.

When I execute the above command line on the twr file, it returns an error
message saying the file is not encrypted and dumps me out to the prompt.
If I try to cat or view the file, it's all encrypted. What am I doing
wrong here? BTW, I can view the database file just fine. Thanks!

Kevin Lisciotti, CISSP
IT Audit - FRB Boston
617-973-3039