Hi everyone,

In my class today the recommendation was made that I should get a Fire wire
disk for recording.

I have a Mac Book Pro with a 500gb drive internal. Is this disk a necessary
item? Will the internal drive work? I suspect that the issue is disk write
speed. Is that correct?

If I buy a disk, should I get an external one or a portable one? What are
the pros and cons of each choice? Are there recommendations as to brand of
disk? I will buy a Fire wire 800 drive if I get one.

They have several at the Apple store for a pretty good price.

I have been buying Western Digital as a rule and have several different
MyBook drives in different sizes.

Thanks for comments and ideas.

Best,

J. R.