Hi J r,

I've done it with the track pad using the scrubber tool. It's a bit tricky but,
if you set a few things up, it's possible.

First, in the Edit window, make sure you've zoomed the window to its largest
size. Then make sure the track view is set to at least large. Select the
scrubber tool and navigate to the Solo or Mute button for the track. route the
pointer to the control. Using the track pad, move the pointer roughly an inch
or so to the right and click and hold the button. You can now scrub. It's
tricky because if you exceed the right side boundary of the window, Pro Tools
will continue scrubbing forward until you back off and then at a certain point
it'll scrub backwards, depending on where the pointer is relative to the
insertion point. It's easier to understand once you've tried it. It's not
terribly useful. I mean, a scrub/shuttle wheel is far more desireable but, hey,
it could work for some people in a pinch.

best,

Slau