Hi Kevin,
While were on the topic of how important the "enter key" is in PT did you get a chance to compile those steps on how to insert a meter change yet???

Chuck Reichel
954-742-0019
www.SoundPictureRecording.com

Thanks

On Feb 23, 2011, at 8:30 PM, Kevin Reeves wrote:

Hey J. r.
Are you taking the official pro tools 101 course, which will award you the operator cert? If so, can you please keep us posted as to what parts of the requirements cause you to ddelve into inaccessible parts of PT? Are you actually using the 101 official courseware? I'm thinking of doing that course myself and going to an official pro tools school to take the tests. Would love to get your take on thins so far. Please keep us posted on this. Thanks so much.

Kevin

Hi all,

I’m doing an assignment for my Pro Tools 101 class and have to import a number of tracks, clip segments from them, butt splice them together, and bounce the result back to disk as an mp3 file. I then have to take that result and cross fade the segments into each other and bounce that to disk.

I can import the files directly from CD if needed but have all of them already in FLAC format. That format appears to give the Mac fits. Does Pro Tools handle this format? Is there another lossless format that would be better?

I ask because I’m having to re-do all my CDs for my broadcasting anyway and would like to have a format that is compatible between the systems. Sorry if this is a bit far afield.

Thanks,
J. R.