Hey Herman,

When you say "work with a track," do you mean editing the audio within the
track or manipulating pan, mute, routing, etc.?

If you mean editing, then, yes, there's a very quick way: press the select
button on a control surface and the insertion point is in the track, assuming
you have linked track selection with the insertion point in the Options menu.

If you mean the other stuff, there's no other way that I know of except either
moving through the mix window or using the Item Chooser.

HTH,

Slau