Actually, a variation on this question?
While avid still provides a recommended gear list for the pre 9 ish edition of pro tools, it is a bit dated. In fact I can get an update from my source over there, if I get no answer here.
Still some of the macbooks they recommended have been discontinued anyway.
So if you are 1, using a digi unit for mixing a 002 for example, and 2, want to use one of the vo friendly editions of pt, what is the best macbook to buy? I would really rather have a portable one than another desktop so I can use it for more than just pro tools. i always get an external hard drive for my work, and understand I may need some sort of firewire adapter, but sweetwater sells those, so I am not worried.
Ideas?
Karen