From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of studiojay
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2011 8:15 PM
To: Pro Tools Accessibility
Subject: Re: Project to make pro tools more accessible right away.

Hey guys, Due to the responces, I am going solo on this project. I
refuse to accept that some functions in pro tools are not accessible.
My clients really don't care weather or not the midi event editor is
accessible. If I can't do the job, they will go to some one else. As
far as I am concerned, a program that is %75 accessible, might as well
be %0 accessible. I am not prepared to wait 3 more years untill some
one at avid feels sorry for the pour blind people and decides to spend
a few hours an makes 2 more windows accessible. It's very sad that
some many people are contented with %75 accessibility. It's also sad
that people find $50 or $60 is too much for a good shot at so much
more accessibility. It's also unfair to ask if you will get back your
money if things don't work out. What about the long days and weeks
that needs to be invested to give this a good shot? And the quick keys
licences that will cost so much less for every one if we move as a
teem in persute of greater accessibility? I really don't mean to
offend any one on this list, but I am really saddened by your
responces. I am going to have an accessible midi event editor as a
Christmas gift, so I can edit the tracks that I have input quantised.
Best regards. Jason

Ronald van Rhijn wrote:
> Hi Jason and all,
> Thanks very much for offering this, but I am still no poweruser so am not
in need of such a thing at this time. The money, if it works well, is no
problem, but I rather not have some additional program to make another
accessible like it is the case with Sonar to be honest.
> On a sidenote, wasn't Brian Smart not doing a similar project? Havent
heard from him for a very long time.
> Kind regards,
> Ronald
>

> Op 12 dec. 2011, om 17:27 heeft Christopher-Mark Gilland het volgende
geschreven:

> > I agree.
> >
> > I'm not paying for something not knowing how it would work.
> >
> > Also, why can't your b inlaw subscribe and give us more information
himself instead of you having to do it on his behalf.  No offense intended.

> > Chris.

One of the main accessibility problems we have is reading out what's
displayed on the screen. Quick keys could help us inputting commands, but I
don't know how it could ask VoiceOver to read things for us.

> > Moneywise,, what happens if it doesn't work? Do we get our money back?
You know, some folks like Kevin has made great efforts making audio
tutorials for us, and didn't ask for anything in return.
> > I can understand that your and your brother-in-law's efforts requires
some kind of fee, but I am not really sure I want to spend money on
unpredictable results.