Hi stefan,

If you're using a template to create a new file, perhaps a click track is
already part of the template. You can always delete the click track or create a
new template or even start from a blank session in the create dialog.

To toggle the insertion following the palyback, use Control-n. There's also a
checkbox in the Preferences window for that option in case you foget the
shortcut.

Haven't tried version 10 so I can't comment on clip automation but I'd guess
it's not quite accessible.

HTH,

Slau