I just attempted Stefan's suggestion, from 10.0, to 10.2. I can confirm it doesn't work. Once I deleted the AAX plugins alias, literally every single one of my plugins went bye bye.

Thank God I still have the 10.0 DMG around. It's not the most ideal, but at least it still uses RTas. They must a switched in 10.1, which I have no experience with. All I got is either 10.0, which kind of ish works, or 10.2 which apparently doesn't work worth a crap.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I for one, confirm it doesn't work, unless I did something wrong? Do tell?

I unchecked the box for Avid effects, and then in Aplications/Avid/Protools I deleted the entire AAX Plugins alias.