OK,
I finally saw this email under another 2 sales confirmations from Antares LOL.

OK, here is my admittedly basic understanding of it. Anyone else who
uses it, feel free to chime in.

When you open the plugin, after the standard Pro Tools controls,
you've got a bunch of options which I just skip, they'll say stuff
like h1, h2, save parameter, but they all seem to be binary values,
which I think is wrong anyways.

The first parameter, and it's the same with all the Antares stuff, you
got voice type, so like Altos / Tennor, Baritone / Bass, etc.

After that there's a whole load of stuff, to try and ileviate
confusion, and get to the point, I'll like the parameters you really
care about, all the rest are just icing on the cake.

Input select or something it's called, initially it's set to chords or
something. I have my default preset (and I've never had cause to
change this value) to MIDI Omni. This, my midi geek friend tells me,
this is a posh way of saying MIDI Only, and basically, it means
whatever midi data the plugin receives, it makes into harmonies (up to
4 notes of course).

Main or Master solo / Mute. I can't remember how it's worded, but it's
pretty obvious, and basically, it gives you the very useful ability to
mute or solo the original vocals, to prevent you getting  a doubling
affect.

MIDI Sensativity. I used to make the mistake of leaving this one
alone, and to say the results were varied is a grose under statement.
Mine stays firmly at 0% now.

The other stuff is kind of superfluous, but you'll definitely want to
play with them, or your voices get panned in strange ways. Below is a
link to one of our demo tracks, which uses Harmony Engine Evo.

Setting it up.

Here's how you set it up. I'll assume you've already got one vocal
track, which you've recorded a vocal on, and it's got no more than say
compression, and pitch correction on or whatever. Most importantly, if
it has something like reverb or delay on it, the result is liable to
sound disgusting.

In the sends of the track, choose an empty send. Set it to new track,
and type the name accordingly.

Leave the level at 0 for now, you can change it if you don't like i.

Navigate to the new track, and insert Antares Harmony Engine Evo from
the pitch menu, and apply the desired settings.

Next, go back to your mix window, and create yourself a MIDI track.
Not a software instrument track, but a MIDI track. Set it's input to
whatever you need (I use all), and it's output to some channel (I use
1), or Harmony Engine Evo.

Next, start playing your project. Basically, anything you play on your
midi keyboard, will become harmonies on the vocal track. You can arm
the MIDI track, and save the stuff you make. If you ever re-record the
vocals, your harmonies will be there, xecept now they'll be affecting
your live voice, not the recorded one.

Well, that's about it. Here's a linke to our track, so you can hear it
in action. The point of this is that we could reproduce all this stuff
live, only my hardware harmoniser sounds pretty horrible in a studio,
so this is what we use.

Hope you enjoy, and hth.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4219494/Nights%20In%20White%20Satin%20Take%201.wav

--