OK, but I don't want to start another list and go through all the head ache doing that only then to shut it down when the project is done. That's my only objection to your suggestion.

Chris.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Norman" <chris.norm...@googlemail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 4:11 AM
Subject: Re: Is anyone interested in doing this?

I'd love to take part. Perhaps take it off list, and get another list started? Promises to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Aug 2012, at 23:28, "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <clgillan...@gmail.com> wrote:

OK, let me start by saying, this is *NOT!* a contest, nor! has this got any prise assicated with it. NO one's gonna do this for money, or anything of the like. This is gonna be just a bunch of us blind individuals getting together and doing something we love... recording/playing/mixing, in one of the best DAWS out there... ProTools, just for the fun of doing it. I'm thinking of taking the song, The Rose, by Bette Middler, and doing the piano part of it. Then, what I'll do, is provide you all a direct link on Dropbox to the zipped file of the PT session. It will have nothing but piano only. I'd then like to see what you all can do with it. Maybe have one person put down a base guitar line, have someone put down a drum part, maybe someone put an orchestrated part with strings, horns, whatever you see fit, another person could record the lead vocal, be it man or lady, it doesn't matter, I'll be doing it in the key of C, so it won't be too high either way, nor too low, maybe have someone lay the drums down, then maybe have someone finally listen to the final session when done, and mix it, and bounce to an mp3. Then, if kevin wants to, he could even put the final mp3 up on the p t access blog.

I'm asking here first, as I know a lot of you do this stuff for a living and have more important higher paid priorities to deal with before you take something like this on, however, remember for one thing, I'm not asking anyone to do the whole song. If we do this, I want it to be a group effort. Each person who agrees to add something to it, won't be doing so cause they have to, nor are obligated to, but because they think this could actually be really fun. Also remember you're only gonna be doing one part. OK, you might wind up doing two vocal parts or so if you're doing the backing vocal, but then maybe not, you may just do one backing part and leave someone else to do another part if they want to. I dono where it would go. I just wanna see what people here can do, and hopefully make a masterpiece out of this in the long run. I'm asking here first though, as I don't wanna take this on at all, until I know that I at least have a couple of people who're willing to promise that they'll at least attempt to take it on. I don't have any timeframe for this either. It's not like this has to be done in a week's time. If it takes 2 weeks, so what? If it tkaes a month, so what? If it takes 2 months, so what? This isn't a race against the clock.

So, let me know if you all are interested. If so, I'll start with the piano part, and get it uploaded.