I believe you are referring to a ritard or ritardando if you wantot use the
full word.  What i usually do is move to each start point where u want the new
tempo to begin.  then go to the tempo constant dialogue box, make sure the time
matches the start time,  type in the new tempo and check the preserve the tempo
after this selection or this measure option. Click apply and if you know the
start point of the other measures you can change them all in the tempo dialogue
box before clicking ok. I am sure there is an easier way and there is a tempo
preset that will automatically do this, but this works for me.