Not sure how full on AutoTune works, as I only use AutoTune Evo, because it was
all I could afford at the time, but I'm guessing there's something in there
that's trying to preview audio, to give you a better result?

I know AutoTune Evo doesn't give you latency, especially, and never forget this
one, if you set the buffer size in Setup -> Playback engine to something low.
If you're using affects, or software instruments and the like, 128 seems to be
pretty optimum, if you're using only a couple of tracks, with no affects, 32 or
64 will get you very little latency.

Also, could be the computer you're using. I'm using a MacBook Pro here, one of
the 2010 models I think, and that handles Pro Tools fine, until the sessions
start to get large. If you're using a machine with limited RAM and processing
power, that'll cause latency.

Finally, I'm not sure what sound card you're using, but if it's USB, I think
that gives you latency too. I'm using and old MAudio Project Mix I/O, which is
a firewire device, and I am getting amazing results with that, plugged into an
Allen and Heath Zed-R14 or something, also running that one over USB, so a
total of 3 audio devices which I can bring to bear on a project.

HTH,

Take care,
Chris Norman
<chris.norm...@googlemail.com>