Hello all!
Well, I've now been thinking about getting Pro Tools for audio editing and
possibly producing as well. I do use Mac OS primarily for all of my
computer-related tasks, and would love to also use my Mac for audio editing.
However, before I take the plunge and purchase Pro Tools, I was wondering if
someone could tell me what the accessibility status is at the moment? I've
heard that currently there are some problems related to accessibility and also
Mac OS X Mountain Lion, and that Avid Audio said they'd look into those issues
in future releases, which is definitely great! So, I was wondering how usable
it really is at the moment... Could I just go and buy it whenever I wanted and
dive right into it, or would it be better to wait for an upgrade? Also, are all
the functions accessible using VO functionality and keyboard commands /
shortcuts, or would it be advisable to buy some kind of MIDI interface in order
to control certain things? Also, I was thinking of connecting a MIDI keyboard
and setting it up in pro tools so I could use that to compose music. Is that
currently possible using PT and VO, or are there any issues related to these
things?
Sorry for all the questions... It's just that those things are pretty important
for me and I know this is probably the best place to ask! :-)
Thanks for any advice!
Robin