Hello folks,
I would like to ask this to any ivory users on this list.  I don't really know
where to start with this, but here is my problem.  I am working on a project in
which I am playing ivory within a full-band setting.  Here is what I am
finding.  You know how when you mic a real piano, you get complete separation
between the left and right hand because there is two micx on the piano, and you
can eq the left hand one way and the right hand another.  I am finding however
with ivory that whatever I play on the left side with my left hand is coming
through on the right side, and you get this huge piano sound that is not
working with the full band mix. It's like, you eq to try to get rid of the low
end because of the left hand, and you end up thinning out the right hand to
much, and the right hand needs some body.  So my question is, in ivory, is
there a way to get the left and right hand isolated so that one can be EQed one
way and the other can be eyed another as if to simulate the micing of a real
piano where you would have separate mics on either side of the piano…
Hopefully this makes sense.  Thanks for any help,
Brian