To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: Huh! Now this is really strange! Anyone have any idea?

I use command b to clear. It's in the edit menu.

HTH,

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Jan 2013, at 01:06, "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <clgillan...@gmail.com> wrote:

OK, this is totally weird, not to mention driving me nuts! I'm using PT 10.0. I'm not on any build of 10. I'm literally just on straight 10.0. Not 10.0.1, etc. This is just straight 10.0. I'm using OSX 10.6.8 as my O S which runs ProTools. OK, so here's the deal. Even when I had Lion, I kind a remember this being a problem, but never really knew how to work around it effectively.

Basically, I have one track in my entire session. It's a stereo audio track. I'm trying to select a portion of the track, so that I can trim off part of the beginning of the audio. The issue is, I get the audio I need selected, and I make sure under my edit screen that the selecter tool is selected, which it is, and I also make sure that the edit mode cluster is on shuffle. Then, I hit my delete key. Nothing at all happens. Nothing what so ever gets deleted. Yeah, I do have link selection in timeline or whatever that's called and the thing where the marker follows selection, I do have all that correctly set. The only way that I have found to get around this problem so far, is to create another track, doesn't matter if it's an A U X, instrument, audio, or master fader. The bottom line is, I just have to create another track. I don't necessarily have to put anything on it, nor route anything through it with a bus, etc. I just have to have it created. Then, and only! then, I can go up to my track list table, interact with it, go back up to the actual audio track I need to edit, hit vo+space to select it, and then! I can delete with no issue. In other words, more simply put, unless I have at least two tracks in my session, editting seems to be impossible. Even though with one track only, that track seems to be selected in the track table. NO, I don't! know! it's selected, but I'm assuming! it is, based off the fact, there wouldn't be anything else to! select. Plus, Even though with only one track, it reads that table as a text box, not a table, I still anyway, have hit vo+space on the track, just to be sure it was selected. Still, no go. It just won't do it, unless there is more than one track in the session. This is extremely! bizarre! I'm just wonderring if any a you guys have also seen this behavior and if so, aside adding a dummy track temporarily, is there a better work-around?

chris.