Hi Byron,

Glad to see you finally made it onto the list. Welcome. I'll let others chime
in about surfaces other than the C24. Speaking of which, I think you might be
one of the only users on the list with a c24 specifically. Since the Control|24
differs from the C24, it would probably be helpful if you came up with a
document that specifies the layout of the C24 for other users. I know some
schools are using them so other blind students would benefit from such
information.

I'm attaching a few documents that outline the layout of the Control|24 as an
example of what I mean.

Best,

slau

On Jan 20, 2013, at 5:24 PM, byron harden wrote:

> hello all my name is byron.
> i am a new pro tools user.
> i was wondering if there was any other pro tools  surface control users out
> there.
> i am new to the list as well.
> currently have a hdx with the c-24 control surface.
>
> i appreciate any help. thanks in advance
> On Jan 20, 2013, at 1:14 PM, Kevin Reeves <reeves...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I did a huge server cleanup and must have killed it. Does anyone have it,
>> and would be willing to send it to me privately, or post it publicly here
>> via drop box or something for everyone to grab?
>>
>> Thanks so much.
>>
>> Kevin

{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf440
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica-Bold;\f1\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica;\f2\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica-Oblique;
\f3\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica-BoldOblique;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx560\tx1120\tx1680\tx2240\tx2800\tx3360\tx3920\tx4480\tx5040\tx5600\tx6160\tx6720\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\b\fs16 \cf0 \ul \ulc0 control 24 Layout Left Side\
Upper Console Section\

\f1\b0 \ulnone \

\f0\b meter select buttons
\f1\b0  These are five round buttons in a vertical column at the top left. They are: \
#1 .
\f2\i input
\f1\i0 \
#2 .
\f2\i pre fader
\f1\i0 \
#3 .
\f2\i post fader
\f1\i0 \
#4 .
\f2\i channel
\f1\i0 \
#5 .
\f2\i clear peaks
\f1\i0 \

\f0\b Function Keys
\f3\i  are below the Meter Select buttons. There are\
10 round buttons in\
2 columns.\
Left column buttons are: \

\f1\i0\b0 #1.
\f2\i F1
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i F2\

\f1\i0 #3.
\f2\i F3\

\f1\i0 #4.
\f2\i  F4\

\f1\i0 #5.
\f2\i  F5\

\f1\i0 Right column buttons are:\
#6.
\f2\i F6
\f1\i0 \
#7.
\f2\i F7
\f1\i0 \
#8.
\f2\i F8\

\f1\i0 #9.
\f2\i F9\

\f1\i0 #10.
\f2\i F10\

\f1\i0 Below F5 in the left column is the\

\f2\i Record Safe
\f1\i0  button.\
Below F10 in the right column is the\

\f2\i Master Record
\f1\i0  button. these are to the left of the row of channel Record Arm buttons.\

\f0\b Show Buttons
\f1\b0  are below the Record Safe & Master Record buttons. There are\
4 buttons grouped together in\
2 columns. The\
Left column buttons ar\
#1.
\f2\i show values
\f1\i0  and
\f2\i \

\f1\i0 #2.
\f2\i show channel names\

\f1\i0 Right column buttons are: \
#3.
\f2\i show groups
\f1\i0  and \
#4.
\f2\i show info
\f1\i0  \

\f0\b Encoder buttons
\f1\b0  are below the Show buttons. There are\
4 round buttons in\
2 columns. Below the Show Names button in the\
left column is the \
#1.
\f2\i Vel Sens Encoders
\f1\i0 . This is the last button in the left column. In the\
right column below the Show Info button are:\
#1.
\f2\i auto/select\

\f1\i0 #2.
\f2\i pre/post
\f1\i0 and
\f2\i
\f1\i0  \
#3.
\f2\i send mutes
\f1\i0 . these last 3 buttons are linked to the row of switch active buttons located below the row of channel encoder knobs. \
\

\f0\b \ul Lower Console Section
\f1\b0 \ulnone  At the \
top left of the Lower Console Section there are a group of\
8 round buttons in\
2 columns. In the\
left column are six buttons in 2 groups of 3. The top 3  are:\
#1.
\f2\i Copy Settings From Channel
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Specify Settings
\f1\i0  and\
#3.
\f2\i Paste Settings To Channel
\f1\i0 . The remaining 3 are:  \
#4.
\f2\i Apply To All Channels
\f1\i0 \
#5 .
\f2\i Apply To All Selected Channels
\f1\i0 \
#6.
\f2\i Default
\f1\i0 . In the\
right column are 2 round buttons. They are:
\f2\i
\f1\i0 \
#1.
\f2\i Edit/Bypass
\f1\i0  This is to the right of the specify settings button and directly to the left of the rows of eq & dyn buttons in the channel strip.\
#2.
\f2\i Inserts/Bypass
\f1\i0  this button is directly to the left of the row of inserts buttons in the channnel strips. \
\
Below the Default button in the\
left column is the \

\f2\i Solo Safe button
\f1\i0 . To its right, in the\
right column is the  \

\f2\i Solo Clear button
\f1\i0 . These two round buttons  have a screw between them and are located to the left of the row of square solo buttons in the Channel Strip.\

\f0\b Automation Section
\f1\b0 is below the Solo Safe & Solo Clear buttons. There are\
12 round buttons in\
 2 columns of 6. The top & bottom rows of this section has screws between the two columns. The \
left column begins under the Solo Safe button and is labelled
\f0\b Mode
\f1\b0  These buttons are:\
\f2\i Write\

\f1\i0 #2
\f2\i Touch
\f1\i0  \
\f2\i Latch
\f1\i0  \
\f2\i Trim
\f1\i0  \
\f2\i Read
\f1\i0  and \
\f2\i Off
\f1\i0   the\
right side column begins under the Solo clear button and is labelled
\f0\b enable
\f1\b0  These buttons are: \
#1.
\f2\i Fader
\f1\i0  \
#2.
\f2\i Pan
\f1\i0  \
#3.
\f2\i Mute
\f1\i0  \
#4..
\f2\i Send Level
\f1\i0  \
#5.
\f2\i Send Mute
\f1\i0  and\
#6.
\f2\i Plug-In
\f1\i0   \
\

\f0\b write automation to, buttons are below the Automation Modes & Enable buttons.
\f1\b0 There are\
4 round buttons, one in the middle of the top row and three in the second row. The\
top row button in the middle is:
\f0\b
\f1\b0   \

\f2\i Auto Suspend.
\f1\i0 the\
second row of 3 are:\
\f2\i Start
\f1\i0  \
\f2\i All
\f1\i0  and \
\f2\i End
\f1\i0 .  \
\

\f0\b Pro Tools Shortcut buttons
\f1\b0 are at the bottom left of the Control 24. These are the equivalents of the modifier keys on a Macintosh keboard.  There are \
4 round buttons in\
2 rows of two  buttons. The\
first row buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i Shift / Add
\f1\i0  and\
#2.
\f2\i Option (Alt)/ All
\f1\i0  The\
second row buttons are: \
#3.
\f2\i Control   /Clutch
\f1\i0  and\
#4.
\f2\i Command / Ctl
\f1\i0  .\
\
\
\
\
Last updated on December 14, 2002.\
}
{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf440
{\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset77 Verdana;\f1\fnil\fcharset77 Verdana-Italic;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx560\tx1120\tx1680\tx2240\tx2800\tx3360\tx3920\tx4480\tx5040\tx5600\tx6160\tx6720\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 Control 24\
Rear Panel Layout\
Beginning at the top left, just to the right of the main heat sink are the\

\f1\i External Talkback MIC
\f0\i0  and
\f1\i Listen MIC Inputs
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 XLR connectors. Below these inputs is the\

\f1\i Monitor Speaker Output
\f0\i0 \
This is a DB 25 connector. Below the Monitor Output is the\

\f1\i Submixer Out Right
\f0\i0 and
\f1\i  Left
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 quarter-inch jacks. Below the Submixer Outputs are the\

\f1\i Footswitch Jacks SW2
\f0\i0  &
\f1\i SW1
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 quarter-inch jacks.\
At the top, to the right of the Listenback Mic input is the\

\f1\i Slate Output
\f0\i0 \
This is a quarter-inch jack. To the right are the\

\f1\i Auxiliary Outputs Right
\f0\i0  and
\f1\i Left
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 quarter-inch jacks. To the right of these are the\

\f1\i Auxiliary Inputs Right
\f0\i0  and
\f1\i Left
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 quarter-inch jacks.\
Below the Auxiliary Inputs and Outputs are 4 DB-25 connectors. On the top left is\

\f1\i Pro Tools Sources In.
\f0\i0  To the right of this is the\

\f1\i External Sources In.
\f0\i0  Below these are the\

\f1\i Submixer 5 to 8 In
\f0\i0  on the left and the\

\f1\i Submixer 1 to 4 In on the right
\f0\i0 \
Preamplifier Section\
To the right of the Auxiliary inputs & outputs are the\

\f1\i Microphone Inputs
\f0\i0 \
These are 16 XLR connectors beginning with Channel 16 on the left. \
Below these are the\

\f1\i Line Inputs
\f0\i0 \
These are 16 quarter-inch jacks. Orientation is the same as above.\
Below the Line Inputs of Channels 1 & 2 are the\

\f1\i D I Inputs
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 quarter-inch jacks\

\f1\i +48 Volt Phantom Power buttons
\f0\i0  are located beneath Line Inputs 16 and 8\
At the bottom of this section are the\

\f1\i Line Outputs
\f0\i0 \
These are 2 DB-25 connectors.. On the left is\
Outputs 9 through 16. On the right is\
Outputs 1 through 8\
\
\
 \
Last updated January 13, 2003}
{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf440
{\fonttbl\f0\froman\fcharset77 Times-Bold;\f1\froman\fcharset77 Times-Roman;\f2\froman\fcharset77 Times-Italic;
\f3\froman\fcharset77 Times-BoldItalic;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww9000\viewh8400\viewkind0
\pard\tx560\tx1120\tx1680\tx2240\tx2800\tx3360\tx3920\tx4480\tx5040\tx5600\tx6160\tx6720\ql\qnatural\pardirnatural

\f0\b\fs16 \cf0 \ul \ulc0 Control 24 Layout Right Side\
Upper Console Section\

\f1\b0 \ulnone \

\f2\i Counter Display
\f1\i0 is
\f2\i
\f1\i0 at the top right of the Upper Console Section. At the bottom left of the display is\
1 round button. This is the\

\f2\i Counter Mode Button.
\f1\i0  There are\
4 L E D indicators labelled\

\f2\i Minutes/Seconds
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i Time Code
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i Feet/Frames
\f1\i0 an\

\f2\i Bars,Beats
\f1\i0 . When no LED is lit, the Counter Display shows samples.\

\f0\b Communications/Headphone Section
\f1\b0 is
\f0\b
\f1\b0 Below the Submixer Master Level Knob, (which is the last knob in the top row in the channel strips). This section contains\
4 knobs, the top 3 of which have a corresponding column of\
3 round buttons. The knobs & buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i aux Level
\f1\i0  &
\f2\i monitor to aux button
\f1\i0   \
#2.
\f2\i  listen mic Level
\f1\i0  and
\f2\i listen mic to monitor button
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i  headphone Level
\f1\i0  and
\f2\i headphone button
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Talkback Mic Level
\f1\i0 . To the right of this knob, under the column of buttons is the\

\f2\i Talkback Mic
\f1\i0 .\

\f0\b Control Room Monitor Section
\f1\b0 is to the right of the Communications/Headphone Section. This section begins with the\

\f0\b Monitor Mode Buttons
\f1\b0 . These are\
3 round buttons in a row located to the right of the Aux to Monitor button in the Communications/Headphone Section. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Stereo
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i L C R S
\f1\i0  and \
#3.
\f2\i 5.(point) 1
\f1\i0 . Below these buttons is the\

\f2\i Alt Monitor Level Knob
\f1\i0 . Below it is the\

\f2\i Alt Monitor Button
\f1\i0 . To the right of the Alt Monitor knob is the\

\f2\i Main Monitor Level Knob
\f1\i0 .  It is the right-most knob on the Control 24 and is  a few inches below the Main Counter Display.\
3 square buttons in a row below the Main Monitor Level knob are:\
#1.
\f2\i Mute All
\f1\i0  \
#2.
\f2\i Dim
\f1\i0  and \
#3.
\f2\i Mono
\f1\i0 . \
6 round buttons in\
1 column at the right edge of the Upper Console Section of the Control 24 are\

\f0\b Monitor Source buttons
\f1\b0 . The\
top 3 buttons are the:\

\f0\b External Sources
\f1\b0 . They are:\
#1.
\f2\i External 1
\f1\i0  or Left/Right\
#2.
\f2\i External 2
\f1\i0  or Center/Sub\
#3.
\f2\i External 3
\f1\i0  or Left surround/Right Surround. The\
last 3 buttons in this section are the:\

\f0\b Pro Tools Sources
\f1\b0 . They are:\
  #4.
\f2\i Pro Tools 1&2
\f1\i0  or Left/Right\
#5.
\f2\i Pro Tools 3&4
\f1\i0  or Center/Sub\
#6.
\f2\i Pro Tools 5&6
\f1\i0  or Left Surround/Right Surround. \
7 buttons in a row at the bottom right of the Upper Console Section begin with one\
round button. This is the\
#1.
\f2\i Mute, Not Solo Button
\f1\i0 . The remaining buttons are\
square buttons. These  are:\
#2.
\f2\i Solo/Mute Left
\f1\i0 ,\
#3.
\f2\i Solo/Mute Center
\f1\i0 ,\
#4.
\f2\i Solo/Mute Right
\f1\i0 ,\
#5.
\f2\i Solo/Mute LS
\f1\i0 ,\
#6.
\f2\i Solo/Mute RS
\f1\i0  and\
#7.
\f2\i Solo/Mute Sub
\f1\i0 . To the right of these buttons is the\

\f2\i Headphone Jack
\f1\i0 .\
\

\f0\b \ul Lower Console Section
\f1\b0 \ulnone \

\f0\b This entire section is referred to as the
\f1\b0 Master Section
\f0\b . It is generally divided into a top half and a bottom half\
The top half contains several sub sections and begins to the right of the Pan/Send button of the last channel strip. This is the\

\f1\b0 Group Section
\f0\b .It contains \
5 round buttons in\
1 row. They are:\

\f1\b0 #1.
\f3\i\b Create
\f0\i0 \

\f1\b0 #2.
\f3\i\b Enable
\f0\i0 \

\f1\b0 #3.
\f3\i\b Edit
\f0\i0 \

\f1\b0 #4.
\f2\i Delete
\f1\i0  and\
#5.
\f2\i Suspend
\f1\i0 .Below the Group Section are the\

\f0\b Zoom Presets
\f1\b0 . It contains\
5 round buttons in\
1 row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Preset 1
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Preset 2
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Preset 3
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Preset 4
\f1\i0  and\
#5.
\f2\i Preset 5
\f1\i0 . Below the Zoom Presets is the\

\f0\b Window Section
\f1\b0 .It contains \
8 round buttons in\
2 rows of four.\
First row of buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i Mix
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Status
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Plug-In
\f1\i0  and\
#4.
\f2\i Pan
\f1\i0 \
Second row of buttons are:\
#5.
\f2\i Edit
\f1\i0 \
#6.
\f2\i Transport
\f1\i0 \
#7.
\f2\i Memory/Locate
\f1\i0  and\
#8.
\f2\i Alt
\f1\i0  (not used).\
\

\f0\b Edit Function
\f1\b0  is At the top right of the Lower Console Section. It contains\
8 round buttons in\
1 row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Cut
\f1\i0 \

\f2\i #2. Copy
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i  Paste
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Delete
\f1\i0 \
#5.
\f2\i Separate
\f1\i0 \
#6.
\f2\i Capture
\f1\i0 \
#7.
\f2\i Duplicate
\f1\i0  and\
#8.
\f2\i Repeat
\f1\i0  \
 \

\f0\b Edit Mode Section
\f1\b0  is below the Edit Functions Section. It contains\
4 round buttons in\
1 row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Shuffle
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Slip
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Spot
\f1\i0  and\
#4.
\f2\i Grid
\f1\i0 . \

\f0\b Edit Tools Section
\f1\b0  is below the Edit Mode Section. It contains\
9 round buttons in\
2 rows. There are 4 buttons in the top row and 5 in the bottom row.\
Top row buttons are: \
#1.
\f2\i Trim
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Wait for Note
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Select
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Click
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Grab
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Countoff
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Pencil
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Merge Record
\f1\i0 .\
Bottom row buttons are:\
#5.
\f2\i MIDI Tools
\f1\i0  which is in its own column to the left, followed by\
#6.
\f2\i Smart Tool
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i Quantize
\f1\i0 \
#7.
\f2\i Link Edit to Timeline
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Tempo/Meter
\f1\i0 \
#8.
\f2\i Auto to Cursor
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  Event List
\f1\i0  and\
#9.
\f2\i Auto to All
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i  All Notes Off
\f1\i0 .\
The bottom half of the Master Section begins directly below the Edit Window button with\
2 round buttons in\
1 column.\
Top button is the\

\f2\i Utilities
\f1\i0  button.\
Bottom button is the\

\f2\i Master Fader
\f1\i0  button.\

\f0\b Primary Transport Controls
\f1\b0  are at the bottom left of the Master Section to the right of the last channel fader. There are\
6 square buttons in\
1 row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Talkback
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Rewind
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Fast Forward
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Stop
\f1\i0 \
#5.
\f2\i Play
\f1\i0  and\
#6.
\f2\i Record
\f1\i0 .\

\f0\b Control Section
\f1\b0  is located above the Primary Transport Control buttons. There are\
12 round buttons in all. They are arranged in\
3 rows. The\
Bottom row is the Special Transport Functions Section and contains\
5 round buttons. They are: \
#1.
\f2\i Online
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Go to Start
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i Go to End
\f1\i0 \
    #4.
\f2\i External Transport
\f1\i0  and\
#5.
\f2\i Quick Punch
\f1\i0 \
middle row is the Audition Section and contains\
5 round buttons.  They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Audition
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Pre-Roll
\f1\i0 \
#3.
\f2\i In
\f1\i0 \
#4.
\f2\i Out
\f1\i0  and\
#5.
\f2\i Post-Roll
\f1\i0 .\
top row are the Loop Function buttons. There are\
2 round buttons. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Loop Play
\f1\i0  and\
#2.
\f2\i Loop Record
\f1\i0 .\

\f2\i Jog/Shuttle Wheel
\f1\i0  is to the right of the Main Transport Controls.\

\f0\b Bank Select
\f1\b0  buttons are to the right of the Jog Wheel. There are\
3 round buttons in a row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Bank Left
\f1\i0 \
#2.
\f2\i Nudge
\f1\i0  and\
#3.
\f2\i Bank Right
\f1\i0 .\

\f0\b Numeric Keypad
\f1\b0  is above the Bank Select buttons. It contains\
18 square buttons and is laid out like a Macintosh keypad except the \'d20\'d3 and \'d2Enter\'d3 keys are not double-wide or double-high The\
top row buttons are:\

\f2\i Clear
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i Equals
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i Slash
\f1\i0 , and\

\f2\i Asterisk
\f1\i0  \
second row buttons are:\

\f2\i 7
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i 8
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i 9
\f1\i0  and\

\f2\i Minus
\f1\i0 \
third row buttons are:\

\f2\i 4
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i 5
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i 6
\f1\i0  and\

\f2\i Plus
\f1\i0 \
fourth row buttons are:\

\f2\i 1
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i 2
\f1\i0  and\

\f2\i 3
\f1\i0 . (Note there is no fourth column ins this row because Enter is not double-height)\
fifth row buttons are:\

\f2\i 0
\f1\i0  which begins under the \'d22\'d3 key because it is not double-wide. Next is the\

\f2\i Decimal Key
\f1\i0  and\

\f2\i Enter
\f1\i0 .\
 2 round buttons above the Numeric keypad are:\
#1.
\f2\i Undo
\f1\i0  on the left and\
#2.
\f2\i Save
\f1\i0  on the right.\
To the left of the Numeric Keypad, above the Jog/Shuttle Wheel are\
3 round buttons arranged in a triangle. \
The top button is:\
#1.
\f2\i Escape/Cancel
\f1\i0 . Below it are:\
#2.
\f2\i Scrub
\f1\i0  on the bottom left and\
#3.
\f2\i Shuttle
\f1\i0  on the bottom right.\

\f0\b Quadrant Buttons
\f1\b0 are to the left of the Escape button. These 4 round arrow buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i Up
\f1\i0  at the top,\
#2.
\f2\i Down
\f1\i0  at the bottom then\
#3.
\f2\i Previous
\f1\i0  on the left and\
#4.
\f2\i Next
\f1\i0  on the right.\
3 round buttons above the Quadrant buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i Nav
\f1\i0  (or Navigate),\
#2.
\f2\i Zoom
\f1\i0  and\
#3.
\f2\i Sel/Adj
\f1\i0  (or Select/Adjust).\
\
\
Last updated December 14, 2002\
}
{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf440
{\fonttbl\f0\froman\fcharset77 Times-Bold;\f1\froman\fcharset77 Times-Roman;\f2\froman\fcharset77 Times-Italic;
}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\margl720\margr720\margb720\margt720\vieww15600\viewh12240\viewkind0
\deftab720
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f0\b\fs16 \cf0 \ul \ulc0 control 24 Layout \ulnone channel strip\ul \
Upper Console Section
\f1\b0 \ulnone \

\f0\b Level Meters
\f1\b0 are at the top of the Control 24. These 14 segment L E D meters are separated into three banks of eight meters plus one Master Level Section of 6 meters. \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 Tphantom power
\f1\i0  L E D indicators are located about one inch below the first two meter sections. These are Banks 1 & 2. \

\f2\i High Pass Filter
\f1\i0  is the first round button at the top of the channel strip. The \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f0\b \cf0 Peak Indicator L E D
\f1\b0  is to the right of the High Pass Filter button. *See note at the bottom.\

\f0\b Source
\f1\b0 button is below the High Pass button. It is used to select the input source to the 16 preamplifiers.\
L E D indicators. There are\
3 indicators on all preamplifier channels the first two indicators are:\
#1.
\f0\b Mic
\f1\b0
\f2\i
\f1\i0 and
\f2\i \

\f1\i0 #2.
\f0\b Line
\f1\b0 . On\
Channels 1 & 2 only, the third L E D is:\
#3.
\f2\i D I. Otherwise,
\f1\i0 on\
channels 3 through 16 the third L E D is:\
#3.
\f2\i -10 dB
\f1\i0 . **See note at bottom.\
25 knobs in\
1 row below the Source buttons include:  \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 Input Gain knobs
\f1\i0  in channel strips 1 through 16. These are the 16 preamplifiers.\

\f2\i Submixer level Knobs
\f1\i0  in channel strips 17-24 and\

\f2\i Submixer Master Level
\f1\i0  is the last knob in the row.\

\f2\i Record Arm button
\f1\i0  is below the first knob in each channel strip.  To the left of this row of buttons is the Master Record Button. To the left of that, the Record Safe Button.
\f2\i \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f0\i0\b \cf0 \
\ul middle of Upper Console Section
\f1\b0 \ulnone  contains the
\f0\b Insert
\f1\b0 ,
\f0\b Assignment
\f1\b0 ,
\f0\b Send
\f1\b0  and
\f0\b Pan
\f1\b0 sections.\
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 Monitor / Phase
\f1\i0 and
\f2\i  \
Remote Pre
\f1\i0 buttons are located beneath the Record Arm buttons of Channels 1 & 2 respectively. To the right is the\

\f2\i
\f0\i0\b Control Bar Display,
\f1\b0  which consists of two \ul 4-character\ulnone  L E D displays. The\
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f0\b \cf0 Insert Section.
\f1\b0  contains\
4 round buttons in\
2 columns of 2. The\
left column buttons are below the Record Arm button of Channel 6. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i Master Bypass
\f1\i0  and \
#2.
\f2\i Compare
\f1\i0 . The\
right column buttons are below the Record Arm button of Channel 7. They are:\
#3.
\f2\i Plug-in Safe
\f1\i0  and \
#4.
\f2\i Inserts / Params
\f1\i0 . \

\f0\b Assignment Section
\f1\b0  is to the right of the Insert Cection. It contains\
4 round buttons in\
2 rows of two buttons.  The\
top two buttons are:\
#1.
\f2\i assign
\f1\i0 ,
\f2\i  located below the Record Arm button of Channel 9,
\f1\i0 and
\f2\i  \

\f1\i0 #2.
\f2\i esc / cancel
\f1\i0 , located below the Record Arm button of Channel 10.the\
bottom two buttons are:\
#3.
\f2\i input
\f1\i0  and\
#4.
\f2\i output
\f1\i0  .\

\f0\b Sends Section
\f1\b0  is to the right of the Assign Section. It contains\
6 round buttons in\
2 rows. The\
top row only contains 1 button. This is the\
#1.
\f2\i Flip
\f1\i0 button which is located below the Record Arm button of Channel 12. The\
bottom row buttons are:\
#2.
\f2\i send a
\f1\i0 /
\f2\i    f
\f1\i0  \
#3.
\f2\i send b
\f1\i0 /
\f2\i  g
\f1\i0  \
#4.
\f2\i send c
\f1\i0 /
\f2\i  h
\f1\i0  \
#5.
\f2\i send d
\f1\i0 /
\f2\i  i
\f1\i0   and\
#6. Send
\f2\i e
\f1\i0 /
\f2\i  j
\f1\i0  . This bottom row resides below the Record Arm buttons of channels 12-16. \

\f0\b Pan Section
\f1\b0  is to the right of the Send Section. It contains\
6 round buttons in\
1 row. They are:\
#1.
\f2\i L C R
\f1\i0  or
\f2\i From Divergence\

\f1\i0 #2.
\f2\i Rear
\f1\i0  or
\f2\i Rear Divergence\

\f1\i0 #3.
\f2\i F/R
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i F/R Divergence\

\f1\i0 #4.
\f2\i Send Percent\

\f1\i0 #5.
\f2\i L F E\

\f1\i0 #6.
\f2\i Left
\f1\i0 or
\f2\i Right
\f1\i0 .\

\f0\b channel bar scroll section
\f1\b0  is located below the Record Arm buttons of Channels 23 & 24 and contains\
2 round buttons. They are: \
#1.
\f2\i < more (to the left)
\f1\i0 and \
#2.
\f2\i more > (to the right)
\f1\i0 . .\
Continuing with the channel strip, below the middle section are the\
24
\f2\i Scribble Strips
\f1\i0 . These are 4-character  LE D displays.Below the Scribble Strip is the \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 Data Encoder knob
\f1\i0  surrounded by a ring of 15 L E D indicators. Below the Data Encoder knob is the\

\f2\i Switch Active button
\f1\i0  with a red l e d indicator below it\
The row of Switch Active buttons is associated with a column of 3 buttons to the left of the row. These are:\

\f2\i Auto/Select
\f1\i0 ,\

\f2\i Pre/Post
\f1\i0  and\

\f2\i Send Mutes
\f1\i0 . \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f0\b \cf0 \ul Lower Console Section of the channel strip contains\
6 round buttons. They are:\

\f1\b0 \ulnone #1.
\f2\i Pan/Send
\f1\i0 ,\
#2.
\f2\i E Q
\f1\i0 ,\
#3.
\f2\i Dynamics
\f1\i0  and\
#4.
\f2\i Inserts
\f1\i0 . Below these buttons is a round button labelled\
#5.
\f2\i Automation
\f1\i0 . To the right of the Automation button are 5 L E D indicators displaying the following modes:\
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 Write
\f1\i0 ,
\f2\i Touch
\f1\i0 ,
\f2\i Latch
\f1\i0 ,
\f2\i Trim and
\f1\i0 ,
\f2\i Read
\f1\i0 . The last round button is: \
#6.
\f2\i Channel Selectbutton
\f1\i0 .
\f2\i   Below Channel Select are\
2 square buttons. They are:\
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f1\i0 \cf0 #1.
\f2\i Solo and\

\f1\i0 #2.
\f2\i Mute
\f1\i0 . Below the Mute buttonis the
\f2\i \
Channel Fader
\f1\i0 .\
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\fs14 \cf0 *Note:
\f1\i0  The Peak Indicator L E D is actually a clip indicator for the preamplifiers and should not be confused with peak indicators in Pro Tools.
\fs18 \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\fs14 \cf0 **Note:
\f1\i0  the Mic L E D is red, the Line L E D is Green and the D I and -10 DB L E D is yellow. By default, the Line L E D is lit. when the unit is powered on.
\fs18 \
\pard\pardeftab720\ql\qnatural

\f2\i \cf0 \
Last updated January 5, 2003}