I've used sonar with jaws and cake talking. i haven't really used JSonar and don't know how well it compares to cake talking. Cake talking worked great, and with this new ocr thing it'll be great.

So now, what's this about NVDA and sonar? I exclusively use NVDA because,.....well I shouldn't have to explain lol.

I think the bundle I need from Avid is $999. wow, that's going to have to wait for a while, I don't have a job.

On 1/23/2013 1:24 PM, Poppa Bear wrote:
Well one thing to consider on the Sonar side is that there are a ton of resources for blind users and really active lists from Dancing Dots, MidiMag, JSonar and now, NVDA and there may be more. The MidiMag list has at least 2 to 3 dozen messages a day where on here it can be slow much of the time making it a little more difficult to trouble shoot on a real time basis. I myself find Sonar more intuitive, but I am slowely starting to appreciate different aspects of Pro Tools. If you can still find Kevin Reeves demos for Pro Tools with voiceover, do so and if you go to the Dancing Dots page you can find some demos of using Sonar with the cake Talk scripts, I use the free JSonar scripts for Sonar and have no problems. Once you do that you may be able to have a clearer picture. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Krister Ekstrom" <kris...@kristersplace.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: getting started

Hi,
How hard is PT to actually get started with from a blindness perspective if compared to say Sonar or Reaper on the windows side? I've been lead to believe that it's a steep learning curve just to get started in Pro Tools and since i don't really have an inkling of a clue on what to do i begin to get scared of the program and the fact that maybe i won't be able to make it at all. As i said in an earlier post, i am used to digital studios like the Roland Vs1680 and that kind of stuff so i haven't really made anything in the computer recording environments.
/Krister