Hi good people.
I have two somewhat different questions, that's why i  told a bit about them in
the subject line, because if someone can't answer one, they might be able to
answer the other.
I've got the MBox interface bundled with Pro tools and i was trying to get into
the system preference for it under Lions system settings, but it seems the
control panel is inaccessible, i can't see anything more than a blank window,
or rather i see the title of the window and the minimize, zoom and close
buttons. Is this control panel needed for anything or can i just ignore it
altogether?
My next question is this: i'm still trying to figure out what control surface i
am going to use. The ones i want, such as the Avid Artist mix or the M-Audio
Projectmix are a bit on the expensive side but i heard not so good things about
the Beringer BCF2000 so i really don't know what to think. Can one do
automation even if faders aren't touch sensitive or is that something one can
forget? When does the touch sensitivity come into play and is there a
workaround if the faders aren't touch sensitive?
Thanks for any help.
/Krister