Hi all,
For the past year, I've recorded in Reaper, and audacity ETC, and now,
I'm contemplating, making the jump to Pro tools.
Unfortunately, the MacBook that I bought in September came with
mountain lion, and I don't know if it's possible to down grade to
lion, as it's no longer available via the app store.
Last week, I had an opportunity to spend three days tracking with a
great friend of mine who just finished spending 3 years at house of
blues in Nashville. I was amazed at what he was able to accomplish in
pro tools. He is sighted but was willing to give me a quick test drive
with voice over on his mac.  Sorry for all the back story. Here are my
questions. I do nothing with Midi what soever, so with this in mind,
could I get enough use out of the features available to Voice over in
pro tools 10? Also, I'm considering purchasing one of the focusrite
Liquid 40 Pro or saffire 56. I'd also like to purchase a control
surface to do at least the transport controls as often I'm recording
alone. What is a reasonably priced control surface that folks are
using. Is there something better than the focusrite products for
input. I really would like to be able to track 4 to 6 things at a time
as some times I do have my friends play with me and it would save
time!

 The features he showed me last week which I was most impressed with
are punch, and loop record. Are these features accessible using voice
over?
I apologize for all the questions which I'm certain have been asked
over and over, but I spent 8 hours today reading the archives of this
groups and at this point, I'm overwhelmed!
Thanks again guys!