Yeah thats what I was thinking. I have a quad core Mac pro which seems to
handle anything. What is the benefit of tracking with plug ins?

Can I mix in surround without HD?

Sent from my phone

On Apr 5, 2013, at 11:57 AM, Slau Halatyn <slauhala...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jon,

Aside from 0 latency, HD systems include all of the extra options that the
expanded toolkits provide. These days, I'm not even sure what that
includes. HD Native systems also have 0 latency because of the routing the
card provides. That 0 latency is also possible on Apogee's Symphony cards.
I'm not sure if any other systems out there provide that. I know UA is
probably either already doing that or close to it. You mentioned that
latency isn't exactly an issue for you. With Low latency mode on host-based
systems, of course, one can monitor at close to 0 latency but without
real-time plug-in performance. Things will undoubtedly get there with
Thunderbolt in time. Frankly, I think Avid will eventually drop HD when it
gets to that point. For now, it's tough to swallow thousand-dollar upgrades
with HD. I don't think Avid would survive another such upgrade. We'll seeā€¦

Slau