i don't think anyone here has tried it yet. You could give it a go and let us
know. Pro TOols express does have a good upgrade path to pro tools 10 if you
are willing to spend a few extra  hundred dollars after making the purchase.
Otherwise see if you can track down a copy of Pro  Tools M powered packaged
with an M-audio interface  those start around $320. Its the same as full
fledged pro tools only limitation is u need to  have an M-Audio interface
plugged into your computer fort to run.