  From: Katie Zodrow
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:31 PM
  Subject: difference between Thunderbolt and PCI

  Hi, everyone. Well, I'm finally now caught up with reading emails from the PT
list since I joined! Thanks for posting the tutorial Kevin recorded for
learning ProTools. I've been trying to find that podcast for the last 3 or 4
months! I'm excited I can finally check that out.
  I'm planning to purchase a Mac and ProTools system soon, but I was wondering
what the difference is between using Thunderbolt and using PCI. I'm confused
about what Thunderbolt is. Is it another audio interface or a separate hard
drive? Is it similar to a fire wire hard drive?
  Thanks for your help.
  Katie