I can agree with what your saying. Hopefully she has a good  handle on what her
short term and long term needs will be.
  ----- Original Message ---From: TheOreoMonster
  To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, June 14, 2013 5:59 PM
  Subject: Re: ProTools Express questions

  From what i heard so far, starting with pro tools 11, Avid will allows owners
 of Pro TOols with complete production toolkit to upgrade to Pro TOols HD with
out having to buy HD hardware. Yes pt 11 has been pretty much rewritten and HD
isn't as needed anymore , however there are still a few features that even
though any modern computer can handle it and it comes freely included in every
other DAW just about, that are only available in PT HD. So ultimately it
depends on whether or not she will need access to these fetters or not whether
or not she will need to purchase HD down the road.