Ramy, I felt the same way that you do, like you need to have PT to be considered a viable studio, but I am coming to the terms that that is not always the case. I find that maybe 2% of clients, if even that many, even ask what softwhere is being used. They mainly just want a clean recording that is professional quality. Also, consider this, if you are not familiar with VoiceOver and Protools, then you have at least a six month to a year learning curve to offer really compatent studio services with the Mac IMO. I would try to get the money back in my hand if possible, look for an older I7 mac mini if it looks to be worth it or a Imac that is no older than 2011 if you can't resolve this issue. Also, what are some of your recording goals, do you see yourself using alot of soft sinths to creat music productions, do you see yourself doing alot of mixing with heavy track counts between 48 and 98 tracks? Remember, we can be our worst enamy when it comes to assessing the tools that we really need. We often think if we just have that one new thing we will be able to change the whole game, but this is seldom the case. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ramy Moustafa" <moshtaqlealga...@gmail.com>
To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 1:36 PM
Subject: RE: Just mountain lion! please give me advice?

Ok, but they will not fix my issue.
So what?

-----Original Message-----
From: ptaccess@googlegroups.com [mailto:ptaccess@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nick Gawronski
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 11:22 PM
To: ptaccess@googlegroups.com

Hi, I would call Apple on the phone and be infront of the system if it
is possible as the more people like me that do call them and demo the
issue the more results we should get.  I knew this issue was going to
happen with the newer systems as I have other sited friends who can't go
back to Lion as the hardware is not supported.  I am not saying we are
not making progress but I think we all should do more on this issue such
as calling people like Apple on the phone and refreshing their minds on
these issues as if enough of us call and explain the issues they will
get resolved.  I would also mention like I did that as Apple supports
education so much and as pro tools is used for audio engineering
students like me this is something they should really work on.  Nick
Gawronski