Hi Jason,

I've interjected with responses below.
On Dec 15, 2013, at 11:45 AM, Jason <kistler.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I remember that the VO accessibility for navigating the timeline in PT9 was
> heavily reliant on the numpad.  Can this be done with a laptop?  Will I feel
> seriously limited using a laptop with no numpad.  I have an I7 brand new mac
> book pro with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD so I want to use this laptop.  I also
> have a regular mac keyboard for my iMac so I could use a full keyboard if I
> have to...just would prefer not to have to.
> Jason, the shortcuts available through the numeric keypad are the best and,
> in some cases, the only way to achieve certain results. There is a bit of
> free software called "Key reMap" for Mac that let's you use the FN key to
> issue numeric key pad commands from the right side of the QWERTY keyboard.
> It's OK in a pinch but, by all means, the Mac Pro keyboard is the best
> option. I know you say you'd prefer not to use it but, hey, that would be my
> preference as well. However, that's the deal.

> How is plugin accessibility?  I had heard that the new format from Avid was
> problematic but I do not know if that has changed.  I would really like to
> use superior drummer and maybe a really high end general fx processor...maybe
> waves or something else (any recommendations?)

The accessibility of plug-ins was certainly an issue a few dot versions past
version 10. There are some work-arounds involving getting rid of the AAX
plug-ins but it still has some limitations. Avid has addressed the issue in the
upcoming release of 11.1. I can't get into specifics but I can say that Avid
plug-ins will be accessible. I can't comment on third-party plug-ins because
those are the responsibility of the third party developers but that will be
addressed in the near future and, apparently, has been addressed by waves
already, although I can't personally verify that yet.

> I know that currently MIDI editing  is not terribly accessible (if at all) on
> Pro Tools for totally blind users.  I am partially sighted and used and
> enjoyed the midi editing capability of Sonar.  Can anyone attest to how midi
> editing is in Pro Tools.  I used to be able to right click a midi note in the
> piano roll view in sonar and a window would pop up allowing me to edit every
> aspect of that particular midi note....very easy.

Again, I can't comment in any detail but Avid has also addressed the issue of
accessibility in the MIDI Event List.

> Since I already purchase PT9 is there an upgrade path for me or am I going to
> have to buy PT 11 outright?

I believe there is an upgrade path for version 9 to version 11. Of course,
it'll be considerably more than the upgrade from 9 to 10 was. I'd check with
online retailers such as sweetwater for pricing.

> Sorry for the lengthy post but it is a lengthy decision.  I appreciate any
> feedback you guys could provide....you all in this group are obviously the
> subject matter experts so I defer to your knowledge.  Thanks.

> Hopefully, that helps a bit.

Best,