Hi David,

I've interspersed my comments below.
On Jan 4, 2014, at 12:14 AM, David Ingram <dingram...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> Hi list members, what are the new accessibility features of pro tools  and do
> these new features and functions work well with mavericks?

Apart from several fixes to issues with counter displays, the MIDI Event List
is now accessible and AAX plug-ins are accessible. Mavericks is supported.
There are many other things that have been improved but, if one hasn't really
used Pro Tools in the past, it's somewhat irrelevant to list the changes since
that person would be starting from scratch.

> What are the things that I might want to look forward to?  Also what about
> plug-in support as it relates to eq, panning and things like reverb do we
> have access to those plug-ins where we can hear in real-time what the values
> of these different controls are or do we still need sighted assistance in
> order to go through to see where we are in a project.

Well, for one, a stable operating system is something to look forward to. Also,
if you know how to use VoiceOver and you know how to use Pro tools, there are
no cryptic keyboard shortcuts to remember. Oh, yes, speaking of shortcuts,
that's another thing you can look forward to: memorizing a ton of them that are
used in Pro tools and it makes things very easy if you know them. Regarding
plug-ins, when you say "real time," I'm not sure what you mean by that. Plug-in
parameters are readable and editable. If you want to monitor changes of a
particular parameter, VoiceOver allows for that so it's not a function of Pro
Tools. I'm not sure what you mean by sighted assistance to know where one is
within a project. I've never heard of that. One can simply read the counter
display to determine where they are within a project or just type in a location
and you're there.

> The other thing is that when you start a project and you want to set whether
> you want eighth notes or quarter notes, can you do that first along with the
> key signature and tempo?

It's possible to set tempo, meter, key signature, etc. at any point. There are
a few issues with that right now. For starters, one can't necessarily edit
those values once they've been set. However, it is possible to simply enter
another tempo or meter event and the last event entered will be the current
value. For example, if you create a tempo event of 121 beats per minute right
at the start and then need to change it to 122 bpm, you currently can't edit
the original tempo event but you can create a second tempo event of 122 bpm at
the same location and, since it's technically the last tempo change in the list
of events at the start of the session, the tempo will be 122. Same applies to
all other ruler events.

Avid is aware of the issue of ruler events and is already thinking of ways to
solve the problem. We'll surely see a solution in the future.

Hope that helps,