Hi Gabe,

Well, I think just about everybody here has been indignant at being perceived
as not being able to perform a particular task or get something done as a blind
person. Who here hasn't experienced that frustration? Sometimes it's just not
worth needing to prove oneself. I don't solder cables. I'm sure I could if I
had to. I'm capable of figuring out alternative means to achieve the desired
result and, sure, that would probably be satisfying and I'd have a sense of
accomplishment but you know what? I'd rather pay someone to do it and not waste
my time to prove something. It's pointless unless that particular thing is my
passion and it's not. Even with something like audio recording, which so many
blind individuals are passionate about, some challenges are worth pursuing and
perhaps others are not. I think we all need to choose our battles wisely
because we're ultimately fighting them alone.

This all started with the idea of a blind person working in a studio. Now,
every situation is unique and I'm not saying that it's inconceivable for a
blind individual to somehow be gainfully employed by a commercial studio but
it's highly improbable in general. Yes, there are exceptions and I'm not saying
this is a rule to begin with but, in the grand scheme of things, a blind audio
professional is, in my opinion, far better off competing as a sole proprietor
or within their own production team.