Hi Chi,

Ah, now I now that this is a VoiceOver issue because the same version of Pro
Tools running under Mavericks as opposed to Mountain Lion does not exhibit the
same problem. This was the case with counter displays not being read and
buttons not revealing their states.

Indeed, clicking on the first column of that table will show or hide the track.
Unfortunately, you won't know whether it's shown unless you either check the
mixer section or move to the second column and bring up the contextual menu
which would certainly make you want to shoot yourself to go through that
tediousness.

Maybe the school will make an exception for you and install Mavericks on just
one machine? That might be asking too much, I suppose. Anyway, hang in there
and thanks for letting me know about the ML behavior.

Cheers,

Slau