Hi Stefan,

here is a way to insert a clip into a track:
- first create a new track and maximize its size so it takes the whole edit
window (CTRL arrow down a few time).
- then go to the clip/region list and select the clip you want to insert.
- enable the mouse keys, you will need to have an extended keyboard.
- hold the select key (NKP #5) and drag the clip diagonally down (NKP #1)
for about a 2 or 3 seconds, it might take a couple of try.
- your clip is now inserted into your new track and selected.
- cut it and it is now in your buffer.
- hide this track and go to the track to which you want to insert the clip
select it and paste at the desired location into the track.
Maybe one day Avid will enable clip dragging, but until then this work
around works quite well.

Marc