Wow, look at that--I didn't know that was possible. Others may undoubtedly
chime in, saying, "Oh, yeah, I knew that" but, of course, nobody spoke up so...
there ya go! Nice discovery, Herman. I guess the thing to keep in mind is that,
if audio files are dropped into a session from the Finder, the original files
will continue to reside from whence they came so, in other words, if you want
your files to be located in the Audio Files folder, make sure you copy from
that location.

Best,

Slau

On Feb 10, 2014, at 8:08 AM, HF <hermanfer...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I figured out yesterday that you can drag and drop a file from the finder and
> into a new track that is automatically named after the clip you just dragged.
>
> Thought others might benefit from this.
> Find the file in the finder, drop a VO drag marker, back in the track list
> table select the track you want the clip to go and drop the file you marked
> to be dragged in the Finder. You now have a track named after the clip you
> just dropped.
>
> HF
> On 2/10/2014 7:49 AM, Slau Halatyn wrote:
>> Hey Herman,
>>
>> That's pretty much the most feasible workflow that I can think of now. I'll
>> see if there's a possibility to drag from the Clip list but I'm not sure if
>> it's consistent.
>>
>> Slau
>>
>> On Feb 9, 2014, at 10:11 AM, HF <hermanfer...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Wanted to hear some other work flows.
>>>
>>> I have to do this for a bunch of files and thought that there is an easier
>>> way. I have to put sound effects to a video that are going at specific
>>> times. Right now here's my workflow:
>>>
>>> 1. Import the audio file I want to work with in an edit track that I
>>> created.
>>> 2. Select my clip
>>> 3. Cut the clip for moving
>>> 4. Go to and select the track I want to paste the clip in