I usually don't have the insertion following playback but, quite often, a
client might ask to stop the transport and fully expects that the playback will
continue from that spot. In cases where I anticipate this, I press the down
arrow before stopping the transport which automatically enters the current time
into the Start field so, upon stopping the transport, the insertion only jumps
back perhaps a second or so. Otherwise, if I think we're just going to roll
once again from the original point, I simply avoid pressing the down arrow
before stopping the transport. It's sort of a guessing game, in a way, I
suppose.

Slau