Hi, I went a step further in turning off spotlight I went on line and did a web search on how to turn off spotlight on the entire system and then I went and removed all of the spotlight indexes on all of the drives so pritty much got rid of it completely. It involves the terminal program or for those of us who have used linux before entering commands in the shell. Turning spotlight back on is very easy as well. Should I post the directions here on doing this task as for those of us who don't want spotlight it just takes up system resources? Nick Gawronski