So, after letting my mac sleep I turned it back on this morning and the problem
is gone. I turnned it off and on last night a few times in hopes that some kind
of mojo could take place and apparently the PT Gods smiled down on me because
now it is working fine. I have now had a few freak things like this happen. I
am sure that it must be some kind of user arror.
Thanks for any thoughts that were shared on this.