Hi Alex,

HD Native offers zero latency for input monitoring. If you have a fast machine,
you can probably get away without that kind of monitoring. Low latency
monitoring gets down to something like 32 samples. Monitoring with effects
might be an issue for you, I'm not sure. These questions, however, are really
best answered by a Pro Tools rep like someone at Sweetwater or your local Avid
rep. You'll get more accurate information. You can certainly use your existing
interface and those track counts, for a native system, seem very doable.

HTH,

slau