Hi everyone,

I am a 22 years old visually impaired audio engineering student at SAE
Institute London.
As part of my studies I am writing a major project dissertation about audio
engineering and the various issues encountered by visually impaired people
in this professional area.

The goal of this project is to produce a useful guide for employers /
clients and visually impaired employees in the audio engineering and media
industry (Music studios, film studios, broadcast studios etc.). It should
constitute a practical knowledge basis for visually impaired audio engineer
in order to help them having as efficient a workflow as other valid
workers.

I want to investigate recording studio design, accessibility, ergonomics,
assistive technologies usable in the studios as well as social and
communication issues between non impaired and impaired people working in a
studio environment.

I am looking for other visually impaired audio engineer that could help me
collecting information about their workflow in the studio and the issues
they face. If you are a professional audio engineer, I would love to meet
you. If you live in London, Belgium, France or Switzerland, It would be
easy for me to come and see your working environment and the way you
adapted it to your impairment. If you are not from Europa, we could still
have a Skype interview.

Initially this project is meant to be my Bachelor of Arts dissertation.
However, once this will be completed, I would like to create a community
website collecting all the little tips and tricks used by visually impaired
audio engineer to do their job as efficiently as any other audio engineer.

You can contact me at etienne.ra...@gmail.com or via my website :
www.rallu-sound.ch

Thanks,
Etienne

P.s. My mother tongue is French and this explains why I do so much
grammatical mistake in English. Sorry for that. I try to improve :)