To: <ptaccess@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: Need to insert a retard

Hi Chris,

1. Select the range from bar 91 to bar 93.
2. Go to Events > Tempo Operations and select either Linear or Parabolic.
Each of those will give you a somewhat different result. Start with Linear to see if it'll give you the result you're looking for. Make sure the range appears in the Linear window as you had selected prior to entering the Linear Tempo Event window. You'll see that the starting tempo will be 80 and the ending tempo will be 80 as well. Click on the End tempo and press delete a few times. Enter 60 and hit the Apply button. Do not press the "Preserve Tempo After Selection button or the tempo will jump back to 80 bpm at bar 93. If you choose the Parabolic curve instead, you'll be given the extra option of defining the curve. Negative numbers will start the descent sooner while positive numbers will start the curve more gradually at first and faster toward the end of the selected region. Experimentation will help you find what you're looking for. Naturally, a Click track will help you hear the results which I'm sure you're already doing.

Slau