Dave,
Make sure all of your plug-in’s parameters are selected for automation.
You can hold down the three modifier keys and click to toggle all of them on
and off.
Or go setup-preferences-mixing-automation, and check plug-in controls default
to auto-enable.
This way when you open a session all of the plug-in parameters  are
automatically set.
Just know some parameters are not automatable, but most are.

Hope this helps.