Hey martin. as if you insert an eq plug over your track, i’d have thought
that’s as good as using an eq before going in to pt. your sound will not change
until you modify or remove the plugin. The thing is, if you want it to stay
that way, you can always bounce it to a track afterwards, or as poppa said
apply it at any time later to your track. I sometimes do use eq plugins on some
things like acoustic guitars while recording to reduce   the bottom end, so it
sounds good in my headphones. . But i do like the ability to play around
afterwards, and i can always hit that by pass button and get back to the
unaffected recording. it just seem to give me unlimited possibilities.
> at any rate, you could always go through an external mixer or eq unit and run
> that in to p t if you want to eq the signal before recording.
Steve