Thanks for that, I was wondering if the PT with speech had setup stuff
but there might be extra tips and tricks in PT and V O prefs that
people are using here.

The gs-r 24 m is in fact an amazing desk, so much so I'll invest in a
mac and PT and change everything to use its features fully. Its a
sizable investment though even for a professional setup, but its
appearance alone is nearly bringing in clients. People will really
think I'm a grown up studio when I have a mac and a desk now, where as
before despite some great outboard and great converters people were
still like, wheres the mixer and what software are you using.

Now figuring out which mac  to buy as always is a head ache as they've
ingeniously set out all options to wind up making it a choice between
spending lots or settling for less.

If they still had the quad core mac mini I think that would be perfect
for me, not sure how much performance PT will get out of the current
dual core i7 at the top of the mini range.

I'm coming from a quad core i7 2.7 ghz on the windows side with 16 gig
ram, but the new PT and mac OS is presumably much better at using
hiper threading etc than Sonar 8 and Windows 7, so maybe a seemingly
lesser processor in a mac now won't actually leave me too
disappointed.

That's kind of off topic though.

All ideas welcome still!