Jason,
what do you find is the easiest way to output individual pieces of say
a drum kit? Are you playing each piece individually? In Addictive
drums you can set outputs for each indi piece of the kit, but VO does
not see this button so I have created some presets with outs, but not
helpful if I use a kit that I've not created outs for. Thanks for your
thoughts.

On 3/28/15, Jason <kistler.ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One of the main reasons to convert instrument tracks to audio is to free up
>
> system resources.  A virtual instrument drains more from your system than
> the equivalent audio file.  Actual MIDI tracks are more for outboard MIDI
> gear or if you want to have several MIDI tracks that are individually
> editable   but all point to a single instance of a virtual instrument.  I
> have done this many times with drums so I can have separate MIDI tracks for
>
> hi hat, cymbals snare/kick etc.  Makes it easier later to do editing.  The
> way to convert from instrument to audio is basically to output the
> instrument to the input of a bus or another track and record it like you
> were recording an actual instrument.  Sonar had a nice feature called synth
>
> freezing which made this process automatic...unfortunately Pro Tools does
> not have anything like that as far as I am aware.  Hope this helps.
>
> On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 11:23:12 AM UTC-4, Krister Ekstrom wrote:
>>
>> Hi there.
>> There are, as i understand it, 2 types of MIDI tracks in Pro tools, the
>> usual midi tracks and the instrument tracks. The advantage of the
>> instrument tracks again as i understand it, is that they in a way combine
>>
>> Midi and Audio and yet i hear that the recommendation is to convert these
>>
>> tracks into Audio, so i ask how you knowledgeable folks on the list go
>> about doing? Do you let the instrument tracks stay as they are or do you
>> convert them to Audio? What would be the advantage with conversion to
>> Audio?
>> /Krister

Warm Regards:
Matt Diemert