Do you have the latest iLok drivers? Also, you may want to try pluging it into a powered hub if you have a lot of other usb devices connected. I haven't had this problem, and I have my iLok plugged into one of the ports on my usb apple keyboard. This whole iLok copy protection issue is really a drag. I would bet that a good hacker probably has a work around for it anyway. It's like the cold war, where the Russians would have a new missile and then we would have an antimisile and they would have an anti anti missile and so on.
Gord

-----Original Message----- From: mcdiemert .
Sent: Monday, October 5, 2015 1:30 PM
To: ptaccess
Subject: Possible iLok issue need some advice.

Hi all,
Recently I'd say a month ago, I  began receiving, a wire exception
error when working in PT 11.3 on a  Mavricks Mac Book pro with 16GB of
ram. It often starts as a please insert an ilok to authorize Slate
FGX, but as my session goes on, I eventually get a Pro Tools can not
communicate with an iLok. At times, usually on start up,  I'll get a
message that pro tools can not be authorized because an ilok exception
has occurred. I have connected the iLok direct to my MBP, and all
other usb devices IE interface MCU, have not given me any problems
whatsoever, not sure if this is a USB problem with my Mac, or an
actual iLok hardware failure. I've read some blogs that reinstalling
PT 11 has fixed this for some but wanted to get some feedback from the
list prior to proceeding.
Thanks in advance.

--
Warm Regards:
Matt Diemert

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Pro Tools Accessibility" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ptaccess+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.