Hi Phil,

Welcome to the list. Getting more plugins accessible and even instruments
shoud be a nice goal. That trick with fixed screen stuff,
won't work I think, but need to see some test before I come back.
When you open a plugin and interact with that area, and no controls are found.
That will be a challange to make this accessible. Keyboard maestro, I need to
tkae a look at it.
And maybe we find an algoritme that compute the position of an element
when the screen size wasn't the same on the original machien.

Phil, does you have a demo version for mac so I can take alook at how voiceover
will respond? :)

There for I'm thinking to bring up a site with some Goals:

First of all, why accessibility is imported and try to tear down
the missunderstanding that making apps accessible is a huge cost.
In some situations it may be, but by starting a new project, take a look
to the accessibility ifnromation on Apple developer pages. I'm not that into
Windows programming, so don't know if they provide good documentation.
Ok, I'm also a drummer and want to bring my musical idea's
outside my head.

The goal should be that an app or plug should be useable, nog perfect
accessible.
See what happend in those days that Smartphone became more accessible.
We thought we would never use a touch screen. And to be honest I bought my
first Iphoen when it came out in 2009 the Iphone 3gs. And all of the sudden,
Icame
from a native Linux user to a mac, iphoen, ipad, watch workflow.

For my work, I still use linux consoe in (vmware) to do my main job.
Configureing firewalls, switches, routers, servers in a datacenter, even
programming in some language. You have way more overview when using braille on
linux
then on any other platform.

Ok back to the topic. So What I will say, teechnology is going fast.
If the guys that make those software are aware of accessibility and with no so
much work.
Hopefully we will see improvements.

We can group some nice guys that just are beta testers and give them positive
feedback.

I know Slau does this with some other guuy and that is great,
but when we can create a hole community, that can be have more impact.

Second thing: Not only software and plugins should benice to have access to
but also instruments. There are a few, but not for all functions they provide.
Ik can write an article of the Roland 2d-25kv, mauybe also td-15kv
And if a friend @ Roland belenux will provide me a test unit of the td30.

The 3th part, shoud be:
list of accessible daws with links wher you can find more info.
Pro Tools has a link to the protoolswithspeech.com website.
* not only plugins
  Audio or Video review or an article on tips to use some kind of gear.

When this portal is alive and I think it will take some time.

Then we need it to promote it over facebook twitter and such,
Ask people to like Accessible music creation, production 4 all.
With a link to our website.

Sorry for this long mail, but I realy want to start on this.

Domain, server in a very good data center, ipv4 ipv6 space
and enough tb's free

Glad to hear your opinions and thoughts.

Have a nice day

With kind regards,

Peter Durieux