Last night, a friend of mine who'll be left nameless recommended this service
to me which you all probably got the invite to.  Let me start by saying, it is
a legit service, but that's aside the point.

When I clicked the link in my dashboard to send an invite to people in my gmail
contacts, I was under the impression that it would then show me a list of my
contacts, and would let me check only the individuals I wanted to receive the
invitation.

What it *actually!* did without my concent, nor control, was, it automatically
sent the invite to literally everyone! in my addressbook.  Because of the fact
that I had the address to post to this list in there, well?  Yeah... you all
guessed it.  It sent to the whole list!  Trust me!  This was absolutely *not!*
what I intended to have it do, and you bet the last aching bone in your body!
that I reported this to their support team, and requested it to be expedited to
the absolute highest priority they could push it to to have that feature fixed.
 They swore to me that within less than an hour, the issue would be fixed.  It
looks like that promise was fulfilled, by the  way.  things look correct at the
time of writing this.

My point is, I am not a spammer, and I had 100% no! and I repeat no! no no no?
no no! intention of sending that to the list!  None!  Nada!  I feel like such a
mortified idiot!

Anyway, so that is what happened.  I am so! so so sorry!  Really! I am!
Profusely!  and I swear on my last dying breath! you all won't get anything
more like that from me on list, end of story, no questions asked.

Have a fantastic day.