Unless you have some eyes to assist you and hey are familiar with the process i
wouldn’t bother trying to put a bigger drive in even though there should be one
more drive slot in there. iMacs are not the easiest thing to take apart except
for swapping out ram.  It does  have 2 thunderbolt ports in addition to  1
firewire port and 4 USB 2 ports. So plenty of expansion options . Also an SD
card slot in addition to a dvd  drive/burner.   Keep me posted.