As a quick follow up, I had success getting FLoTools to report that
the plugin layout was loaded by command tabbing out and back into
protools, however in the EQ37 band it is only showing me the controls
I can access with control and the up/down arrows and not the control +
left/right arrows, so I'm just getting the q and input level value.
Have had similar result with the dyn3 which only reports the knee
value.

This must have something to do with the way windows are showing on my
machine or something, perhaps its related to the trackless table thing
after all.

Strange, I haven't knowingly set anything with the OS or VO from
standard setup.

Brian.