Hi Brian,
Although it's possible to use Keyboard Focus mode for one letter commands, I
wouldn't recommend it for a few reasons. First, a single tap of certain letters
will perform an action without you knowing that the action was performed. If
you're not careful, it's easy to inadvertently issue a command without knowing
it. second, we purposely used single letter commands for the Flo Tools
Inspector with the assumption that blind users wouldn't use Keyboard Focus. Flo
Tools swallows those single letter commands. Finally, all of those single
letter commands are available outside of Keyboard Focus with the Control
modifier. So, for example, Control+a will trim to the previous clip boundary
just like pressing the letter a alone in Keyboard Focus mode.
HTH,
slau