Hi Jes,

I've inserted some responses within your questions below.
> On Jul 23, 2017, at 8:19 AM, Jes <jessm...@samobile.net> wrote:
> Why is it better to switch to PT and abandon Reaper?
It's not necessarily better to switch to Pro Tools and abandon Reaper. You
should not abandon a platform if you know it well and it is current.

> Why do so many people in the audio professional world look down ondaws like
> logic, reaper, and insist that ProTools is the best?
To be fair, there are plenty of people who look down upon Pro Tools. There are
plenty of snobs all around.

> What makes ProTools the industry standard, and why is it that you all use
> ProTools?
There are quite a number of reasons why Pro Tools dominates the market but,
understand that, when I say "dominates," it's not necessarily by a huge margin
and it has different market share in different segments. Among broadcast and
studios, it has a much wider margin than among home studios. It wasn't the
first workstation but it was the first to be ultra stable and had a dedicated
user base. Its audio editing capabilities are regarded as the state-of-the-art
and it's the number one choice for broadcast and post-production. Avid has a
very large base of developers and customers with whom they interface and that's
somewhat unique in that other DAW developers don't necessarily maintain those
types of relationships.

Regarding blind users, Pro Tools is currently perhaps the most accessible dAW
overall. With the addition of the open-source Flo Tools, accessibility has
never been better and it's continually improving. Avid has made a commitment to
continuing to work on accessibility. Not only are there several blind beta
testers, Avid has also accommodated several personal visits to their offices
and labs where hand-on work on accessibility is conducted. No other dAW
manufacturer can claim that kind of involvement. Yes, there have been
improvements in accessibility from other DAWs but not on the level we've seen
with Pro Tools.

> Why won't reaper or any daw ever replace ProTools?
I'm not sure that one can ever say that nothing will ever replace Pro Tools.
All things must come to an end and that might someday happen for Pro Tools. I
hope it's not for many years to come but it could certainly happen. There are
no guarantees. I think Pro Tools will continue to be the dominant platform but
I'm sure it will continue to lose market share over time. It's only natural.
For now and for the foreseeable future, however, I think it'll continue to be a
stable platform. Let me just add that, if you're happy with Reaper, use it.
Don't use Pro Tools because you think others are trying to push you toward it.
You should only pursue it if that's what you really want. Two of the three
people who responded to your message aren't Pro Tools users (although steve did
for some time). They're happy using Logic, Reaper, etc. and there's nothing
wrong with that, of course. Others on the list would probably say that Pro
Tools is the best way to go. I happen to think it's the best way to go although
anyone would agree that other platforms have their advantages and disadvantages
regarding accessibility. I've been called a Pro Tools snob and I assure you
that I'm not. I have nothing against any DAW. I only know what works for me and
I see how others work with other DAWs and I'm fine sticking with Pro Tools
thank you very much. It's all good.